Scholarly and Creative Activity, Recordings, Research
PUBLISHED COMPOSITIONS AVAILABLE THROUGH PUBLISHERS:
- Numerous publications through Concordia Publishing House at www.cph.org.
- Eleven Hymn Preludes for the Advent and Christmas Cycle, Alfred Publishers, 1999, 20 minutes. Available at: www.amazon.com/Organ-Preludes-Advent-Christmas-Cycle/dp/0769284957 or www.onlinesheetmusic.com/organ-hymn-preludes-for-the-advent-and-christmas-cycle-p307537.aspx
- Prayer and Celebration for Native American Flute and Harpsichord, Zalo/Pellerite Publications, 9 minutes. Available at: www.jamespellerite.com/public/kboard.htm
- Eclectic Set for Percussion Quartet, Permus Publications, 1997, 18 minutes. Available at: www.permus.com/ensembles/percussion-ensembles.html
- Nine Hymn Preludes for Organ, Volumes 1 and 2, H.W. Hal Leonard, 1995, 20 minutes. Available at: www.musicnotes.com/search/go?w=Stephen+Weber&from=header
- Rag Etude for Piano, (winning advanced composition in the 1994 National Conference on Piano Pedagogy Composition Competition), Belwin Mills, 3 minutes, 1994. Available at: www.amazon.com/Rag-Etude-Adavanced-Piano-Stephen/dp/B00CEKMIS6
COMPOSITIONS AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD THROUGH SHEET MUSIC PLUS PRESS: www.sheetmusicplus.com/search?Ntt=Stephen+Weber
- Vignettes for Solo Piano, Vol. 1, 1998, 16 minutes. Available at: www.sheetmusicplus.com/title/vignettes-for-piano-solo-digital-sheet-music/20447540
- Vignettes for Solo Piano, Vol. 2, 1998, 16 minutes. Available at: www.sheetmusicplus.com/title/vignettes-for-piano-solo-volume-2-digital-sheet-music/20447545
- Images and Recollections, Ten Pieces for Elementary/Intermediate Piano, 2000, 18 minutes. Available at: www.sheetmusicplus.com/title/images-and-recollections-for-solo-piano-digital-sheet-music/20447727
- Sonatine for Flute and Piano, 1997, 11 minutes. This piece is on the recommended repertoire list of the National Flute Association. Available at: www.sheetmusicplus.com/title/sonatine-for-flute-and-piano-digital-sheet-music/20452132
- Chopin Mazurka, Op. 67, No. 4, arranged for Oboe and Piano, 2005, 5 minutes. Available at: www.sheetmusicplus.com/title/chopin-mazurka-op-67-no-4-digital-sheet-music/20452461
- Sonatine for Clarinet and Piano, 2004, 11 minutes. Available at: www.sheetmusicplus.com/title/sonatine-for-clarinet-and-piano-digital-sheet-music/20452131
- Sonatine for Trumpet and Piano, 1998, 10 minutes. Available at: www.sheetmusicplus.com/title/sonatine-for-trumpet-and-piano-digital-sheet-music/20452130
- Philosophical Sketches for Violin and Piano, 14 minutes. Available at: http://www.sheetmusicplus.com/title/philosophical-sketches-for-violin-and-piano-digital-sheet-music/20454744
- Respective Respite for Cello and Piano, 6 minutes. Available at: http://www.sheetmusicplus.com/title/reflective-respite-for-cello-and-piano-digital-sheet-music/204552
- The Unofficial Guide to Above-Average Singing, a song cycle for Medium Voice and piano, 2004, 9 minutes. Available at: www.sheetmusicplus.com/title/the-unofficial-guide-to-above-average-singing-for-medium-voice-and-piano-digital-sheet-music/20447731
- Quips, Quotes and Quibbles, Eighteen Songs for Medium Voice and Piano, 2006, 17 minutes. Available at: www.sheetmusicplus.com/title/quips-quotes-and-quibbles-digital-sheet-music/20447550
- Words, a Collections of Eight Songs for Medium Voice and Piano, 2009, 18 minutes. Available at:www.sheetmusicplus.com/title/words-eight-songs-for-medium-voice-and-piano-digital-sheet-music/20447561
- Two Christmas Song Settings for Tenor and Piano (Still, Still, Still, and Il Set Ne, le Divinest Enfant). Available at: www.sheetmusicplus.com/title/two-christmas-song-settings-for-tenor-and-piano-digital-sheet-music/20452458
- Prepare Your Hearts, an Advent anthem for SATB and piano, 1997, 5 minutes. Available at: www.sheetmusicplus.com/title/prepare-your-hearts-for-satb-and-piano-digital-sheet-music/20452453
- Nine Hymn Preludes for Organ, 20 minutes. Available at: http://www.sheetmusicplus.com/title/nine-hymn-preludes-for-organ-digital-sheet-music/20456025
OUT OF PRINT, BUT AVAILABLE DIRECTLY FROM ME (send me an email):
- Two Psalm Settings for Voice and Piano, Voice of the Rockies Music Publishers, 1997, 7 minutes. Out of print.
- Six Etudes for Piano, Opus 38, Voice of the Rockies Music Publishers, 1994, 14 minutes. Out of print.
- Miniatures, for Woodwind Quintet, Dorn Publications, 2004, 9 minutes. Out of print.
- Nine Hymn Preludes for Organ, Volume 2, Hal Leonard, 1996, 20 minutes. Out of print.
- Three Songs for Voice and Piano on Texts of John Rogers, 1997, 11 minutes. Out of print.
- Incidental Etude for Piano, (winning intermediate composition in the 1994 National Conference on Piano Pedagogy Composition Competition), Hal Leonard, 1994, 3 minutes. Out of print.
- Suite Maladies for Trumpet, Horn, Trombone and Piano, Solid Brass Music Publishers, 2004, 17 minutes
- Sonatine for Alto Saxophone and Piano, Three Movements, 2014
- Four Pieces for Classical Guitar, 2014, 10 minutes
- Choices for Piano, Four Hands, 2013
- Settings of the Gloria Patri, Agnus Dei, and Nunc Dimittis for congregation and organ, 2015
- Thirty Alternate and Original Hymn Settings and Hymns, 2010
- Philosophical Sketches for violin and piano, 2009
- Vocal Vernacular: Six Songs on Englishized Foreign Language Texts for Medium Voice and Piano, 2007
- The Quantum Field Trip, an opera for children’s audiences, 2006, 42 minutes, includes solos arias, duets, trios, quartets, and choruses
- Curiosities, for Prepared Piano, 2004
- Isolation, for solo harp, 2004
- In Search of a Home (a venture through all 24 major and minor keys in less than three minutes), for harpsichord, 2004
- Six New Original Hymn Tunes for various texts, 2003
- Six New Hymn Harmonizations for existing tunes and texts, 2003
- Liturgy Setting for Divine Service II of Lutheran Worship, 2001
- Launch Out With Spirit and Word, a hymn concertato for choir, trumpet,
organ and congregation, 2000
- Six Psalm Antiphons, 2000
- Portals for Small Orchestra (incomplete)
In Time 2. To Space 3. To the Sea 4. To the Life Beyond
- Elegy for Trombone and Piano, 1998
- Over 100 smaller sacred works; hymn settings, verses, offertories, arrangements for brass, Orff instruments, descants, etc.
Scholarly Activity, Research, Publications
- The Manifestations and Significance of the Sublime, presented at the Asian Conference on the Arts and Humanities, Kobe, Japan, April 2, 2017
- An Interview with Hymn Composer Stephen Johnson, Lutheran Forum, 2015
- An Interview with Hymn Text Writer Rev. Stephen Starke, Lutheran Forum, 2015
- Hymnody: A Review of the Literature, Lutheran Forum, 2014
- Unity and Diversity Through Hymnody, Lutheran Forum, 2014
- The Current State of Church Music in the United States, presented at Evangélikus Hittudományi Egytem, Budapest, Hungary, April 28, 2014
- The Interdisciplinary Arts and Ideas Performance Model: Philosophical, Psychological, and Practical Perspectives, co-authored with Dr. Zachary Simpson, presented at the Fine Arts Conference of the Athens Institute for Education and Research, Athens, Greece, June, 2010, and The Association for Interdisciplinary Studies Conference, Grand Rapids, MI, October, 2011
- The Interdisciplinary Arts and Ideas Performance Model: Philosophical, Psychological, and Practical Perspectives, published in The Visual and Performing Arts: An International Anthology: Volume II, Athens Institute for Education and Research, 2011
- Numerous presentations and performances on various topics for the USAO Festival of Arts and Ideas, 2007-2016.
- Reviewer for The American Music Teacher, 2004-2005
- Reviewer for Pearson Education-Prentice Hall, 2004
- Sharing Kiowa Songs: CrossTimbers magazine, 2001
- Memory: Beyond Remembering: Piano Pedagogy Forum, January, 1999
- Dissertation: Principles of Organization in Piano Etudes: An Analytical Study with Application Through Original Compositions, 1993, Texas Tech University
- Synthesized Classics: 16 songs from all periods arranged for synthesizer, 2018, available on BandCamp
- Synth-esthesia: 12 songs of synthesized improvisations, 20198 available on BandCamp
- Improvisations I: 11 improvisations for piano, 2018, available on BandCamp
- Improvisations II: 10 improvisations for piano, 2018, available on BandCamp
- Beautyquest: 16 songs created and performed by Stephen Weber
- Multiplicity: a compact disc containing 12 sequences created and performed by Stephen Weber
- Concocted Cogitations: a compact disc containing 10 sequences created and performed by Stephen Weber, 2015. Available for purchase on CDBaby, iTunes, Apple Music, Amazon Music.
- Eight Etudes for Piano, Opus One compact disc #169, Stephen Weber, composer and pianist, 1994
- Eclecticset for Percussion Quartet, Opus One compact disc #173, Stephen Weber, composer, Texas Tech U. Percussion Ensemble, 1997
- Eclectricity, a compact disc containing 10 sequences created and performed by Stephen Weber, 1997
- Don't Try This at Home, a compact disc containing 8 sequences created and performed by Stephen Weber. 1999
- Proceed with Caution, a compact disc containing 8 sequences created and performed by Stephen Weber, 2001
- Ordered Chaos, a compact disc containing 8 sequences created and performed by Stephen Weber, 2004
- World Tour, a compact disc containing 9 sequences created and performed by Stephen Weber, 2009